I looked into my cabinets today after my 10 mile run (woo hoo!) and realized I had bananas, chocolate chips, peanut butter, and marshmallows, so I decided to combine them all together and try a new treat. Introducing...Grilled Banana Splits!
It was such a great treat with the perfect consistency! After baked, the marshmallows became a crunchy consistency. Imagine that with a smooth and creamy chocolate and peanut butter taste, all on top of a grilled mushy banana. I loved the marshmallow crunch. The banana tasted very similar to a fried plantain once grilled. This snack takes 2 minutes to prepare, 8 minutes to cook, so in 10 minutes you have a quick, easy, and relatively healthy snack with a sweet twist! Once you've got one serving of your fruit intake for the day dressed with peanut butter, you can treat yourself to some marshmallows and chocolate chips as well!
Don't worry, I'll teach you how to make them, they're so easy! Here's what you need to know:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Peel banana, place it on a piece of tin foil, and cut it in half like this:
2. With a knife, spread peanut butter on each half of the banana
3. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the peanut butter, than top it all off with mini marshmallows. It will look like this:
4. Once oven is preheated, put the banana split in the oven for 7-8 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown
This treat is easy to make for a quick snack for you or your kids, and kids would love making this as well! You could also make modifications by adding peanut butter chips or removing the peanut butter. Pretty much adding anything you'd like would taste great.
Once you take the banana split out of the oven, immediately get a fork and dig in! Enjoy!