St. Patrick's Day is always such a fun holiday where everyone wears green and celebrates being Irish. Even those who are not from a Irish heritage pretend that they are Irish just for the day. It's a holiday filled with leprechauns, pots of gold, rainbows, shamrocks, Irish soda bread, and green beer.
This green holiday will be here before you know it, so get started early on this Shamrock Candy Craft! It's a great craft for the classroom, at home with kids, and for a crafty night in. These shamrocks will get you into the green frame of mind and prepare you for the big day!
What you need:
Green construction paper
Gold Chocolate Coins
1. Fold green construction paper a little less than an inch across four times long ways to ensure that each line is relatively the same size, and also using the lines as a guide to cut more easily.
2. Cut into four strips
3. Fold the strips in half and staple at the fold.
4. Take the two ends and turn downwards to make a heart shape, then staple the bottom as well.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 three more times to create three hearts.
6. Take the last strip and staple that to the bottom of all three of the hearts to make a stem.
7. Place 6 rolls into each leaf and scatter gold coins around.
And voila, you've got this adorable candy craft! It's extremely easy to make and requires very little time and effort for such a great pay off! Who wouldn't want to make it rain chocolate gold coins and Rolo gold pieces? Consider yourself lucky!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!