Sunday, November 25, 2012

Turkish Delight


Hope you all had a Happy Turkey Day! My family and I had a great time celebrating and for dessert we had some delicious Turkish Delight!  It was a delightful sweet treat from Nory Candy to top off a hearty meal.   

I had never tried Turkish Delight before but always associated it with the movie Narnia.  I remember the characters in the movie ate some and I had always wanted to try it and did not know what to expect.  To my surprise, the Turkish Delight came in a variety of flavors including Pomegranate, Strawberry, Rose, Lemon, Bergamot, Almond and Pistachio.  



The fruity flavors tasted very similar to gumdrops to me.  They were not as sticky as gumdrops and do not stick to your teeth.  They were the perfect amount of chewy and were a softer chew.  I loved that they were covered in confectionary sugar as not many candies are!  Confectionary sugar is undervalued and should be used more on candy!  

My favorite fruity flavor was Lemon, as anything Lemon is my favorite flavor.  I'd definitely recommend it if you like Lemon as much as me!  The second favorite of mine was Bergamot, which was also similar to the Lemon flavor which is why I loved it!  If you prefer other flavors usually like Strawberry, I'm sure that would be your delight of choice.

For the nutty flavors, my delight of choice was the Pistachio Bar.  The nutty flavors had a fluffy, marshmallowy texture with a nut flavor, whether it be Pistachio or Almond.  I alway choose Pistachios over Almonds any day and this is why I would choose the Pistachio Turkish Delight.  And once again, these were chewy but not super sticky and were easy to enjoy.

All of these were a taste that I have never had before and it was a fun experience to try something new. Thanks so much to Nory Candy for crossing Turkish Delights off of my to do candy lists to try!



No comments:

Post a Comment